Here are the best job platforms where to find your next green job.
Two months ago, I ended the relationship with the company I was working for. Considering the current Climate Change context and that I was collaborating with a company on a mission to design a healthier and more sustainable future, I took the time to clarify my purpose and set my next leap towards a more meaningful career.
After deep thoughts, I decided to keep using my skills as a force for good and help organizations tackle the climate crisis.
Finding the desired opportunities was challenging, though. The…
Oceans and forests are the main contributors of oxygen, crucial to keep any being alive on Earth. Oceans contribute 70% of the global oxygen — produced primarily by the microscopic plant phytoplankton. While the remaining 30% comes from trees and forests. Yes, trees are not the main oxygen contributor.
Hence, deforestation and ocean pollution are the two main problems contributing to our planet’s suffocation.
The deforestation rate keeps going up at an alarming pace. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization, the world lost an estimated 420 million Ha of forest since 1990.
“Between 2015 and 2020, the rate of…
We replaced more than 10 products in 2020 with this hack.
For the last 3 years, I’ve been progressing towards a more sustainable life to reduce waste and generate less impact on the environment. Slowly, I’ve been changing my consumption habits and inspiring my girlfriend to be on board to change our home consumption habits.
But creating or changing consumption habits can be difficult for everyone. If changed abruptly can be even harder to stick with. …
I grew up hearing my grandparents’ stories remembering old times. Times where the waste was composted and used as a soil fertilizer to grow their food, including human poo and animal poo.
So, older people already had the circular economy concept in their lives but without a catchy name.
Influenced by the lack of resources, they had to use any waste as a useful resource for the next stage. They cultivated food. They ate that food. The waste generated was used for soil fertilization, nourishing the soil to grow more food. This process happened in a continuous circular way.
By embracing the 30 days minimalism game, we selected stuff we don’t need or use to declutter our home.
After seeing the “Less Is Now” Documentary on the 1st of January, my girlfriend and I embraced the 30 days minimalism game presented at the end of the movie.
As we are pursuing a more sustainable and simple life, we thought that would be a great way to start the year by decluttering our house from things we don’t use or don’t need.
As you can check on the video, the rules of the minimalism game were pretty clear and simple.
If you want to start something but you’re afraid to get hands-on, this article will help you.
Since the beginning of 2020, I was feeling the desire to write about my learnings. To trigger me, even I had the support of my boss at the time. He was always telling me that I was a good writer and congratulating me for the delivered work.
Moreover, he was encouraging me to start writing for myself and share my knowledge.
As he didn’t see me taking any first step, he was always asking me from time to time: “When will you start…
A glimpse of the conversation between James Clear (Atomic Habits Author) and Matt D’Avella at The Ground Up Show Podcast.
Three months ago, I started to listen to podcasts when driving or doing tidy tasks at home — a hack to make the most of my time when doing physical tasks unconsciously and focus my attention listening to something.
As I’m always avid to learn more about productivity and minimalism, I started to ear The Ground Up Show Podcast of Matt D’Avella. …
As a marketer, you need to analyse the yearly results, evaluate your performance and define the marketing plan to scale your business each year. You define the goals, strategies and actions to implement along the year to achieve maximum results for any brand business.
Two years ago inspired by my marketing experience, I started defining my year resolutions like a business.
Around this time, I always take time to make a retrospection and introspection. I identify my achievements and analyse my failures. And I recalibrate my goals to achieve balance in the different dimensions of my life the next year.
I always make a retrospective of the year and set my path and goals for the new year. One of the tasks within it is decluttering my digital life. Why?
There was a time that I tended to pile up digital information on my phone to feed my learning needs and entertainment moments.
I tended to subscribe to numerous newsletters, follow accounts on the different social networks and create personal accounts in many platforms. …
A marketer & content writer — Pursuing and inspiring a more conscious and sustainable life. | Writing about Sustainability, Personal Growth and Marketing